The Journal 8 Build #1333 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 8. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefit of this update:
- Bug fixes (see below).
- Enhanced Batch Entry Import “Simple Export” file import to support entries with date headers like: Thursday, March 12, 2020
- An imported entry with a “vertical tab” character (0x0b) is causing a “List index out of bounds(-1)” error when opening that entry.
- Sometimes getting an error when installing a new add-on.
- Sometimes getting an error when deleting a Journal Volume from Journal Volume Properties.
- Sometimes getting an error when opening Backup Settings from the Backup form.
- Sometimes getting an error when doing automatic backup on closing The Journal.
- Sometimes getting error “Cannot open clipboard: Access is denied” when opening entries.
- The auto-minimize option might try to happen during a long import.
- Minor improvement to Check for Update to accommodate interim updates.
Upgrading from The Journal 8 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update…” Download the update, close The Journal, and install the update over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 8. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 8 about upgrading your TJ7 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 7 while TJ8 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 8 and The Journal 7 without any issues.
People who have purchased any previous version of The Journal are eligible for special upgrade pricing:
- If you purchased The Journal 7 between any time in 2018, you are eligible for a FREE upgrade to The Journal 8. Send an email to email@example.com to request your free Registration Keys for The Journal 8.
- If you have purchased any previous version of The Journal (v1-v7), you can upgrade to The Journal 8 for only $29.99 ($35 off).
As always, if you have any questions about or suggestions for The Journal, please don’t hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org