Users of The Journal (including the developer) share how they use The Journal for everything from daily journaling to coupon clipping to writing novels and organizing work notes.
- Alan Brooks, Historian/Researcher
- David Michael, Developer of The Journal
- John Leach, Journalist
- Brian Ford, Consulting Engineer, Office of the Chief Strategy Officer, Cisco Systems
- Jerry Hayden, Maintenance/Engineering group, Carlex Glass Company
- Allen Johnson, Hobbyist Writer
- Dawn in Jersey
- Kent Eaton, Alternative Learning Advocate
- Susan Michael, Homeschooler
- Veronica Armstrong, Writer
- Linda Harrell
- Bernard V. Beam
- Julie Garman
- Toni McConnel, Technical Writer
- Luceele P. Smith-Huff
- John Hawkins, Using Intensive Journaling
- Tracye Gano
- Matt Morgan
- Nancy Custer
- Diana L. Little
- Meg McCrea
- Denise Alsop-Rhoades
- Bernard J. Armada
- Rich Hill
- Walt Podushko
- Pastor Dan S. Baty
There is no “Right Way” to use The Journal =)
In the monthly newsletter, and in the user email discussion list, you’ll read about a lot of features of The Journal. And, yes, there are a lot of features.
The Journal has been around since 1996, and in the years since, I’ve inserted/extended/wedged-in a *lot* of functionality, much of it suggested by users just like yourself. Hopefully, I’ve managed to include those new features and extensions in an unobtrusive way, rather than cluttering things up and making the software harder to use or more intimidating.
*BUT* just because all those features are there, does *NOT* mean you have to use them. You don’t even have to experiment with them. I won’t be insulted and the software won’t go into “sulk mode”. Promise.
I’ve tried to make The Journal flexible enough that you can do what you want, how you want. (That said, if The Journal does get in your way, let me know. There’s always room for improvement.)
In short: Do your own thing. Feel free to ignore any features or functionalities that aren’t useful to you.
However you use The Journal, that is *YOUR* Right Way. And, yes, I’d love to hear about it. =)