The Journal 7 Build #917 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7.
- When deleting a category in Category Properties, still sometimes getting an access violation when applying.
- When using category tabs, if active or default category is a sub-category, the tab displays blank after editing Category Properties.
- When using Large (or larger) User Interface Size, some forms aren’t being properly resized.
In User Preferences, there is no way to reset the user interface font to the default.
- When switching to a larger user interface size, the calendar isn’t resizing to the proper height.
- After applying a font with a name like “Segoe UI Light”, you can no longer apply a font with a substring of that name, like “Segoe UI”.
- When using the arrow keys in the entry tree to move up and down the entries, keyboard focus is shifting to the entry editor.
- Not locking UI when minimized by the Windows “Show Desktop” and “Minimize All” commands.
Unable to reset user login password.
- Not acquiring an exclusive transaction lock on System db in some cases.
- When the split editor is active, the relative sizes of the panes aren’t tracking when The Journal is resized.
- When the split editor is active, the relative sizes of the panes aren’t being saved between sessions.
- Style and paragraph formatting forms aren’t properly supporting Metric measurements.
- Metric measurements should all be millimeters for consistency.
- When upgrading entries from previous versions that contained applied topics, sometimes setting the topic text to “Block Quote” style.
- Paragraph border and background offsets and paddings are being applied inconsistently.
- “Insert Image…” form can’t be resized.
- Non-recurring reminders should always display their current status.
- When pasting HTML, should remove all checkpoints (HTML anchors) from the pasted text.
- When doing a “Search Entries by Topic”, the first (oldest) entry isn’t being searched.
- When a reminder pops up and The Journal is minimized or “behind” other programs, The Journal’s task bar button isn’t blinking.
- Added support for importing EfficientPIM CSV files to Batch Entry Import.
- If a JPEG image file has an image description, it is loaded by default.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.