The Journal 7 Build #923 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7.
- “The Journal Support Page” link on the Help menu is going to the main Web page, not the support page.
- After inserting a table with auto-size set, the first time you type in the table, it shrinks.
- Edit Properties & Layout for images and objects isn’t properly handling spacing and width/height.
- Inserted images are smaller at “full size” than they used to be.
- When printing entries with images in them, the sizes are off.
- Insert Date, Insert Time and other insert commands with hot-keys aren’t active in the full-screen editor.
- Need to extract UserComment from JPEG ExIf in addition to ImageDescription.
- “Get Web Page” command should be able to download more images.
- If an image in the editor has been stretched (either larger or smaller), clicking on “Toggle Image Full/Thumbnail” should set it to full size, not to thumbnail size.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.