The Journal 7 Build #1095 is a minor update and bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefit of this update:
- Fix for “Paste Entry from Clipboard” bug.
- “Paste Entry from Clipboard” and “Paste Entry as Sub-Entry” context menu commands not always showing up.
- “Save Image As…” command not properly setting file extension for PNG images.
- On “Select Topics” form, clicking on items sometimes starts editing the topic name.
- Updated TRichViewEdit/ScaleRichView (entry editor components).
- Added “Applies to all dates (including past/future)” option for the default entry template in Category Properties (Calendar categories only).
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 simultaneously without any issues.