The Journal 7 Build #935 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7.
- Improved extraction of image title/description from JPG files.
- When changing a topic’s color in “Edit Topics”, current entry isn’t showing the change right away.
- When running “The Journal 7 Repair Utility” shortcut, if you choose to make a backup, there is an error.
- When typing in a topic name on Apply Topic(s) form, pressing comma should automatically select the first item in the autocomplete list.
- Editing a table’s width in Table Properties isn’t working.
- If the automatic backup on starting The Journal has an issue, it stops The Journal from opening properly.
- When using “Save Image as…” on image entries, the file name and extension aren’t being set properly.
- Backup process should verify the size of the backup file created.
- Updated DISqlite3 library.
- Updated Diaro import.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.