The Journal 7 Build #969 is a bugfix and minor update release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7. See below for upgrade instructions.
- Sometimes getting “Divide by zero” error on startup.
- On “Apply Topic” form, autocomplete list is being cut off, and isn’t showing scrollbar.
- In Batch Entry Import, a blank line in a CSV file is causing an “Index out of bounds” error.
- Daynotez CSV file format has changed.
- Toolbar icons should scale a bit smaller on higher DPI monitors.
- Loose-leaf search results in entry tree aren’t always clear.
- Inserted media file names not displaying with category’s default font color.
- Search tab won’t stay active when switching to another category and back.
- Sometimes getting “Index out of bounds” error when changing font color from toolbar dropdown menu.
- “Journal Volume may be open already” message pops up unnecessarily.
- The “Go to Bookmark” and “Insert Template” sub-menus get confused if a category has both bookmarks and templates.
- When you end a paragraph with Italics text, then either click the “I” button or use CTRL+I to return to normal text, and then hit ENTER for a new paragraph, the text formatting reverts back to Italics in the new paragraph.
- Entry title display above entry editor needs to be centered a bit to the left to accommodate editor scrollbar.
- If the first line of text in an entry is in a table, it’s not being displayed in the entry tree.
- Reminder charms in entry reports aren’t vertically centered on the line.
- In the print preview of Entry Report Wizard results, report name header is a bit to the left.
- Updated German translation.
- Updated DISqlite3 library.
- External entry links (links to entries from outside The Journal).
- Added “Manage Bookmarks” command to Go menu.
- Added “Show Categories as Tabs” and “Show Categories as Tree” commands to the Category menu, and the category tab/tree context menus.
- New option for category tree layout: “Embed category tree in entry user interface”
- New option for category tree layout: “Show category name above entry”
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.