The Journal 7 Build #1007 is a bugfix and minor update release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7. See below for upgrading instructions.
- In “Export Entries to Document…”, if exporting the entire journal, password-protected categories are being exported without verifying the password.
- Sometimes seeing “Preparing for search” popup when rearranging entries in the tree.
- Dragging and dropping entries to arrange them in a loose-leaf category should set the sorting to “none”.
- Sometimes getting “Index out of bounds” errors after selecting text, when trying to apply certain formatting.
- When installing an update to a USB drive or cloud folder, sometimes installing into a sub-folder of the intended folder (e.g., “The Journal 7\The Journal 7”).
- Batch Entry Import should make better use of database transactions.
- When doing a Batch Entry Import of a CSV file, entries on the same date are ending up with the same first line display.
- In “Table Properties”, Cell Padding (on the Table page) and Cell Width and Cell Height (on Cell page) are displaying incorrect pixel values.
- New Batch Entry Import option: “InfoSelect v8/v9”
- New Batch Entry Import option: “Jorte (diary) CSV file”
- Default Entry Templates now always load for all new calendar entries, even entries on past and future dates.
- Updated Diaro import.
- Updated DISqlite3 library.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.