The Journal 7 Build #1073 is a bugfix and minor update release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefits of this update:
- Improved support for high-DPI monitors.
- Bug fixes for tablet use.
- When rotating tablet display, don’t move the category tree position.
- After rotating tablet display, some popup forms not displaying properly.
- Menus/toolbars sometimes updating their status during close.
- Initial entry on startup is being missed in the back/forward buttons.
- When using “Lock entries on edit”, active entry should be unlocked on minimize.
- Updated theme engine.
- New global theme option: “Theme applies to form borders”
- Updated SSL DLLs.
- New entry tree command: “Demote”
- New hot-keys for entry tree Promote/Demote (Alt+Left/Right).
- Changed hot-keys for back/forward (Shift+Alt+Left/Right)
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 simultaneously without any issues.