The Journal 8 Build #1339 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 8. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefit of this update:
- Bug fixes (see below).
- Added User option: “Prompt to confirm when deleting entries”
- Sometimes getting an error when editing topics.
- Rare error with displaying calendar charms from upgraded entries.
- Full screen mode and shareware forms are always displaying on the primary monitor, regardless of which monitor The Journal is on.
- Sometimes getting an error when restoring from minimized.
- Sometimes getting stale pointer errors in entry tree.
- Unable to edit some pasted text.
- Sometimes getting an error on Next/Prev Entry.
- Sometimes getting an error with “Delete Link”.
- Error loading corrupted entry shouldn’t abort loading other entries.
- Sometimes getting an error when importing from Evernote.
- Sometimes getting “index out of bounds” error when viewing consolidated entries.
- When category tabs color is active, sub-category tabs lose their color when updating category properties.
Upgrading from The Journal 8 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update…” Download the update, close The Journal, and install the update over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 8. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 8 about upgrading your TJ7 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 7 while TJ8 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 8 and The Journal 7 without any issues.
People who have purchased any previous version of The Journal are eligible for special upgrade pricing:
- If you purchased The Journal 7 between any time in 2018, you are eligible for a FREE upgrade to The Journal 8. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request your free Registration Keys for The Journal 8.
- If you have purchased any previous version of The Journal (v1-v7), you can upgrade to The Journal 8 for only $29.99 ($35 off).
As always, if you have any questions about or suggestions for The Journal, please don’t hesitate to contact me: email@example.com