The Journal 7 Build #951 is a bugfix and minor update release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7.
- When upgrading entries, sometimes choosing a heading style when a Normal-based style makes more sense.
- In Search Entries, can’t search for & (ampersand) character.
- In Search Entries, the search results aren’t updated after clicking “Update Search Index for All Categories”.
- The background color for empty entries isn’t being saved.
- Cannot customize keyboard shortcut for “Calendar”, “Entry Tree” and “Timer” on the View menu.
- New flat themes: Metro Black and Metro White.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 without any issues.