The Journal 7 Build #1077 is a bugfix and minor update release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 7. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefits of this update:
- Improvements to Batch Entry Import.
- Error importing non-UTF8/non-Unicode text files.
- Some global settings not being imported when upgrading from previous versions.
- Search results in entry tree should display full path for loose-leaf entries.
- There are some inconsistencies in how database transactions are applied.
- Batch Entry Imports, when importing entries from separate files, should be checking for potential conflicts (e.g., multiple entries on the same date+time).
- Updated DISqlite3 library.
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update of The Journal”. Download the update and install it over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Upgrading from The Journal 6 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 7. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 7 about upgrading your TJ6 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 6 while TJ7 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 7 and The Journal 6 simultaneously without any issues.
Need a version for android so we can sync from phone to pc or is there all ready a way of doing it?
Comments are closed.