The Journal 8 Build #1293 is a bugfix release. This is a free update for all registered users of The Journal 8. See below for upgrading instructions.
Primary benefit of this update:
- Bug fixes (see below).
- “Delete Link” not deleting link on email address.
- Changing the default category font isn’t sticking.
- Shouldn’t be able to “Insert Template” on a category folder view.
- “Display first line of entry in tree” option sometimes causing an error in Entry Report.
- Sometimes getting an error after deleting a style.
- Drag-and-drop rearranging of entries isn’t working properly if the category loose-leaf entries option is set to “reverse” but no actual sorting is active.
- Sometimes getting error: “EOleException: The RPC server is unavailable”
- Error on startup: “EInvalidOp: Invalid floating point operation”.
- Sometimes getting an “SQLite3 Error 10 – disk I/O error” when starting to save entries.
- A search result entry that is a sub-entry of a calendar entry is displaying a weird path (ex: “2000-2009\2003\9\23\Name”).
- Search result entries that are sub-entries of a calendar entry sometimes aren’t being sorted properly.
- Pasting text copied from Visual Studio watch window is causing an error.
- Sometimes getting an error when deleting a child topic.
Upgrading from The Journal 8 (any previous build)
Click on the “File” menu, “Maintenance” sub-menu and choose “Backup The Journal…” to create a backup *before* you install the update.
Click on the “Help” menu and choose “Check for Update…” Download the update, close The Journal, and install the update over your current version. You can also download the update directly from the Web page, as this build is now the default download.
NOTE: Please close The Journal before installing the update. The Journal cannot be running when you install the update.
Click Here to See What’s New in The Journal 8!
Upgrading from The Journal 7 (or any previous version)
NOTE: Do NOT uninstall the previous version! (At least, not until you’re satisfied with the upgrade. Then you can uninstall the previous version.)
Download and install The Journal 8. If you have The Journal installed in the default location, you will be prompted by The Journal 8 about upgrading your TJ7 (or earlier) Journal Volumes.
You will need to close The Journal 7 while TJ8 upgrades your Journal Volumes. After that, though, you can run both The Journal 8 and The Journal 7 without any issues.
People who have purchased any previous version of The Journal are eligible for special upgrade pricing:
- If you purchased The Journal 7 between any time in 2018, you are eligible for a FREE upgrade to The Journal 8. Send an email to email@example.com to request your free Registration Keys for The Journal 8.
- If you have purchased any previous version of The Journal (v1-v7), you can upgrade to The Journal 8 for only $29.99 ($35 off).
As always, if you have any questions about or suggestions for The Journal, please don’t hesitate to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org