The Journal’s newsletter is sent out monthly, with the following features:
- Announcements of The Journal’s latest releases and updates.
- Tips and Tricks of using The Journal.
- Articles about journaling.
- Special journaling- and writing-exercises.
- And more!
- The Journal Newsletter – January 2018Happy New Year! We have successfully navigated another full circuit around the Sun! Let there be merriment all around. =)
- The Journal Newsletter – December 2017Happy Holidays Everyone! Pick your favorite holiday(s), I figure, and enjoy it(them) as best you can. =)
- The Journal Newsletter – November/December 2016Happy Holidays! And a slightly-belated Happy Thanksgiving! Use The Journal this holiday season for everything from wish lists to shopping lists, dinner plans to snap shots, and more! And if you're the kind of person who gives software as a gift, The Journal is good for that too. =)
- The Journal Newsletter – October 2016Happy Halloween Seasons Greeting! In this month's "How I Use The Journal," Alan Brooks tells us how he uses The Journal for his historical research. This month's tip tells you how to stop The Journal from starting with Windows (and could be useful for removing other software from Windows startup, as well). Plus, we have a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2016There is a new update of The Journal 7 available. Check "The Journal News" below for details. This month's tip describes The Journal's extended security features, and we have a new set of writing prompts. Speaking of writing prompts, I've added "Random Prompt" widgets to The Journal's web page to serve up random free writing, journaling and memoir prompts at the click of a mouse.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2016The Journal Newsletter June 2015 Introduction Tips & Tricks Writing Prompts Submission Information Introduction August is Back to School month here in the United States! For The Journal, though, there are *always* discounts for students and teachers (and lots of other people): Discounts Available A new update of The Journal 7 is available. Check out The Journal News below for more information and updating ...
- The Journal Newsletter – June 2016Happy Birthday to The Journal! The Journal turns 20 this month. They grow up so fast. =) This month's tip talks about loose-leaf entry sorting options, and we have a new selection of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – May 2016Welcome to May! Traditional month of Days, Flowers, Fourths, and Cincos! I hope you're enjoying it all. =)
- The Journal Newsletter – April 2016The Journal Newsletter April 2016 Introduction Tips & Tricks Writing Prompts Submission Information Introduction April showers (and a bit of April thunder) have arrived here in Tulsa, Oklahoma. It’s wet out, and still a bit cool, but it’s all good. Except that bit about having to mow the lawn. =) This month’s tip describes The Journal’s new external entry link feature, and we ...
- The Journal Newsletter – March 2016After a very mild winter, spring is breaking here in Oklahoma. Rain. Tree buds. Flowers. Children on temporary reprieve from classes. Allergies. Some crazy "spring forward" nonsense. It's great. =) A new update of The Journal 7 is available. See "The Journal News" below for more information. This month's tip tells you how to use the editor's optional ruler, and we have a handful of new writing prompts that might or might not have anything to do with spring.
- The Journal Newsletter – February 2016Welcome to February! Somewhere in my schooling I once read that February used to be known as “cabbage planting month.” I’ve never planted cabbage, so I don’t know if that’s true. Nor have I been able to verify (using Google) that any civilization or culture has ever, actually called February “cabbage planting month.” So I’m not sure if this a failure of my education, or a sign of latent creativity. =)
- The Journal Newsletter – January 2016Happy New Year! I hope your 2016 is off to a great start. We have a new update of The Journal 7 available. Check out "The Journal News" for what's new and different. We also have a new set of writing prompts, and this month tips explores the new category layout options in The Journal 7.