The Journal’s newsletter is sent out monthly, with the following features:
- Announcements of The Journal’s latest releases and updates.
- Tips and Tricks of using The Journal.
- Articles about journaling.
- Special journaling- and writing-exercises.
- And more!
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2012 Despite the extreme heat of summer, autumn seems to be arriving early this year. Which is always cool with me. =) The Journal is now available on Amazon! The Journal 6 has been updated. See "The Journal News" below for all the details. This month's Tip shows you how to see the running word count of an entry on the status bar, and we have a couple new writing prompts for you.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2012 I hope everyone is having a great August! It's hot here (I think it's hot everywhere, neh?), but we're still enjoying the summer months. =) August is "Back to School" month here in the USA, but The Journal offers Student Discounts and Teacher Discounts all year long: http://www.davidrm.com/thejournal/buy/tjbuy-discounts.php A new update of The Journal 6 is available. In addition to fixing a number of bugs, this update also extends The Journal's support for Evernote. If you use Evernote on your mobile devices, you can easily import your entries made on-the-go into The Journal. See "The Journal News" below for all the details. We have a new set of writing exercises this month, and our tip this month describes how to import your notes from Evernote into The Journal.
- The Journal Newsletter – July 2012 The Journal 6 is now available! My mission statement for The Journal 6 was: "The Journal, Even Better!" I wanted to make The Journal easier to use, while also adding some powerful new features like synchronizing and indexed text searching. Work on The Journal 6 began in June 2011 while my wife and I were waiting for our 3rd child to arrive. He was late, but was eventually induced to make his appearance. Which appearance then seriously slowed The Journal 6 development for a while. 🙂 But now The Journal 6 is ready! See "The Journal News" below for all the details. We have another set of writing prompts, and we continue our exploration of The Journal's powerful "Search Entries" command.
- The Journal Newsletter – June 2012 Happy birthday to all of you who share June as your birthday month! The Journal turned 16 years old this month, making it my second child now old enough to drive. =) We have another couple writing prompts this month, and the first in a series of Tips & Tricks about The Journal's powerful "Search Entries..." command.
- The Journal Newsletter – May 2012 Happy Memorial Day! We have a new "How I Use The Journal" this month, by Walt Podushko, and a couple new writing prompts. The tip this month describes how to use The Journal with languages that write/type right-to-left.
- The Journal Newsletter – April 2012 I hope everyone had a Happy Easter! A new update of The Journal 5 was released this week. Check out "The Journal News" below for the details. Sheryl A. Keen describes "The Benefits of Journaling" in a short article, and we have a new tip about using The Journal's Back and Forward commands to navigate your entries.
- The Journal Newsletter – March 2012 Happy St. Patricks Day! This month's tip is a quick tip about hiding and un-hiding category tabs. In nearly 17 years of using The Journal, I've racked up 100+ categories. The only way that works is that I don't have all of those category tabs visible all the time. Here's how to do that. 🙂
- The Journal Newsletter – February 2012 I hope everyone had a great February! Mine's been busy (the baby is beginning to crawl everywhere and pull up on everything that offers a handhold), but great! =) A new update of The Journal 5 has been released. The big news with this release, as promised last month, is the inclusion of a German translation of the menus and UI elements, as well as a full Russian translation to replace the partial translation from last fall. Check out the News section below for more details, and check out this month Tips for how to use the new translations.
- The Journal Newsletter – January 2012 Happy New Year! I hope everyone's new year is off to a great start. I always find January exciting, and this one is no different. I'm working on some updates of The Journal, and I'm looking forward to working on (and finishing) some new writing projects this year. Amateur historian Laura Donaldson is back to remind us that the future only knows what we tell it, and I have a couple new tips to share about using The Journal. Special Note for International Users: A translation of The Journal's menus and forms into German is almost ready, plus there is a completed version of the Russian translation. I expect to announce an update with that these translations in the next few weeks. If you would like this update earlier, feel free to email me.
- The Journal Newsletter – January 2011 Happy New Year! I hope everyone's 2011 is off to a great start. I've been keeping busy writing fiction and doing a bit of bughunting in The Journal 5.1. Which is why there is an update of The Journal 5.1 now available. =) See "The Journal News" below for more information. Writing Prompts 3: Starting Sentences is also available. "Starting Sentences" by Mike Hommel is the latest writing prompts add-on for The Journal 5. See "The Journal News" below for more information. Finally, in "How I Use The Journal", Rich Hill talks about his mother's lifelong journaling and how he is using The Journal to record his own life and transcribe the journals of his mother.
- The Journal Newsletter – December 2010 Happy Holidays, everyone! I'm working on a minor (free) update of The Journal 5.1. So if you have any bugs you haven't reported because you were waiting for Christmas, now is a good time to let me know. 🙂 I had hoped to have this update done before Christmas, but it might not be available until after the New Year. If I get it done before then, I'll announce it on the email discussion list. This month's tips show you how to copy and paste entries from the entry tree, and how to select more than one entry to create a batch for copying, pasting, etc. Finally, I describe how I used The Journal to write my newly released young adult novel, The Girl Who Ran With Horses.
- The Journal Newsletter – October 2010 Welcome to the last week of October! An update of The Journal 5.1 is now available. See "The Journal News" below for more information. October means that NaNoWriMo is next month (next *week*)! If you're participating in Nano this year, feel free to look me up. I'm "DavidRM" (as I usually am). Also, make a point to stop by The Journal's promotional thread in the forums and tell how you use The Journal. Here's a link: http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node/3713968 If you're not familiar with NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), check it out at their Web page: http://www.nanowrimo.org This month's tips tell you how to repair and optimize your Journal Volume(s).