The Journal’s newsletter is sent out monthly, with the following features:
- Announcements of The Journal’s latest releases and updates.
- Tips and Tricks of using The Journal.
- Articles about journaling.
- Special journaling- and writing-exercises.
- And more!
- The Journal Newsletter – October 2005 This month, I combined a bit of United States history with some new features of The Journal to create a simple but powerful new template. Susan also provides a new set of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2005 Susan gives us a new set of writing exercises, and I have a couple of new tips about using the new "Default Entry Template" feature and how to get The Journal to start with Windows.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2005 We have a new update of The Journal. Plus, Susan is back with a new set of writing exercises, and I have a couple of new tips about using The Journal's repair database function and new command line parameter.
- The Journal Newsletter – July 2005 We have a new release of The Journal 4 this month. Check out "The Journal News" for details. We also have a new set of writing exercises, a few new tips for using the new topics feature, and I describe how I use The Journal and WordPress to have a photo blog.
- The Journal Newsletter – June 2005 A couple users tell us how they use The Journal this month. Plus, I show how you can use your own background images in your entries and give some tips on creating background images. Finally, we have a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – May 2005 In addition to new writing prompts, we have a couple of new tips, and Tracye Gano describes how she uses The Journal.
- The Journal Newsletter – February 2005 This month we bring you some more tips for using The Journal 4, and Susan has provided a new set of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – December 2004 This is the first newsletter since the release of The Journal 4 last month. The Journal 4 is a major new version of The Journal, so we're giving some pointers to those of you who are upgrading from The Journal 3. Also, Susan provides a new set of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – October 2004 Happy Halloween! This month we have an article by Steve Pavlina, called "Journaling as a Problem Solving Tool", and we also serve up an extra tip this month, in honor of "National Novel Writing Month" (November). And, of course, Susan serves up another collection of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2004 Recently, I had a discussion with a user looking to preserve his father's war journal in The Journal. That discussion provided the inspiration for this month's tip: "Preserving the Memories - Bringing Pen-and-Paper Diaries into The Journal". As always, Susan gives us a new set of writing exercises. Also, The Journal 3 has been updated this month. Look for what's new/fixed in the "News" section.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2004 We have a new set of writing exercises from Susan, and our tip this month is about resizing the calendar and entry tree.
- The Journal Newsletter – July 2004 A recent discussion on The Journal's User Discussion List ( http://groups.yahoo.com/group/thejournal-users/ ) provided a number of interesting and innovative ways that people use The Journal. Excerpts from that discussion make up this month's "How I Use The Journal". We also have a new set of writing exercises, and a tip about using weekly and monthly categories.