The Journal’s newsletter is sent out monthly, with the following features:
- Announcements of The Journal’s latest releases and updates.
- Tips and Tricks of using The Journal.
- Articles about journaling.
- Special journaling- and writing-exercises.
- And more!
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2009 The Journal 5 has added a lot of cool new features. I describe a couple of those in this month's Tips & Tricks. And, as always, there is a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2009 The big news this month is the release of The Journal 5! In that vein, the tips this month tell you how to upgrade from The Journal 4 (or 3) to The Journal 5. Plus, we have some new writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – March/April/May 2009 I will have more information on the update of The Journal next month. In the meantime, I have a new set of writing exercises and a new tips about The Journal's auto-save feature and folder categories.
- The Journal Newsletter – January/February 2009 This month's tip describes how to setup a call log in The Journal, and we have a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – December 2008 I've been busy all year working on the next major update of The Journal. I had hoped to be announcing its availability before the end of 2008, but it turned out to be a "more major update" than I anticipated. So instead of announcing its availability, I'm just letting you know what I'm (still) up to.
- The Journal Newsletter – October 2008 Happy Halloween! NaNoWriMo (www.nanowrimo.org) begins tomorrow. I won't be participating this year (I'll be focusing on The Journal's next update), but all of you who are: Best of luck! This month we have a couple new tips for customizing the entry tree display, and a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – September 2008 This month's tips tell you how to remove words you may have accidentally added to your custom spell checker dictionary, and how to sign up for The Journal's affiliate sales program. There is also, as always, a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – August 2008 Raymond Champoux describes how he is working to overcome procrastination using The Journal, and we have a new tip (about spell checker dictionaries) and a new set of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – July 2008 Welcome to the Heart of Summer 2008! (Or the Heart of Winter for those of you south-of-the-equator.) In this newsletter, Jon Medlock shares how he is preserving his families letters in The Journal, and we have new set of writing exercises.
- The Journal Newsletter – June 2008 Welcome to June 2008! (Or at least the 2-3 days left of June. Where *did* the month go?) This month's Tips & Tricks show how you can doodle in The Journal, and we have a new set of writing prompts.
- The Journal Newsletter – May 2008 This month's tip tells you how to add descriptions to your images, and then how to search through those descriptions. And, of course, we have another set of prompts for free writing, journaling and memoir writing.
- The Journal Newsletter – April 2008 April Fools Day came a few day early for me this year. Less than 6 hours after I sent out last month's newsletter, with its article about the need for backups--the hard drive of my primary computer (a usually pleasant-tempered little Dell laptop I bought in 2005) suffered a catastrophic failure. Talk about bizarre karma. And, yes, irony. 🙂